Department of Telugu

History of Telugu department
Courses Offered
Faculty and Profiles

History


The Department of Telugu was established in the year 1951. Total 25 StaffMembers Retired from the service as on today. Kalaprapurna Dr.KonduriVeeraRaghavacharyulu, Eminent Critic and Writer Sri G. V. Krishna Rao, Famous Feminist Writer Smt. LalithaKumari (OLGA), Former RJD SriDevapalana, Devoted lecturerSri Papaiah, Yoga Teacher Sri K.Mallikarjuna Rao, Mrs. P . Sarada, Sri Y.V. BhaskarRao, Sri M.Satyanarayana, Sri K. Durga Prasad, Sri P.KondaiahValli, The FirstLady Principal of the this College Mrs Solomon Raju enhanced the image of the department. Dr. G. VenkataLal was Received A.P. State Best Teacher Award in 2013. Smt. K.V. Padmavathi Devi, M.A, (PhD) acted as Head of the department at present. Total 4 Staff Members Working in the Present. 2 Members With Doctorate and 2 Members is doing Ph. D Research


VISION :


The Department undertakes teaching in a view to develop an attitude in students to take research in Telugu with emphasis on vari┬Čous aspects of historical and comparative studies in language and literature. An equal importance is also given for studies in Classical literature along with interdisciplinary approach.


MISSION


To bring language skills among the students.To study the evolution of the Cultural institutions.To develop the overall personality of students and make them responsible and enlightened citizens of the society.To provide appropriate environment for studentsretention andsuccess To create awareness among Students their responsibility as citizen.

INFRASTRUCTURE


The Department has fullpladged infrastructure.Five Tables, Five Chairs withone Computer System with internet facility and Maintain the departmental library also.