CODE OF CONDUCT OF STAFF MEMBERS
As per the guidelines of the UGC, a teacher should
Adhere to a responsible pattern of conduct and demeanour expected of them by the community.
- Manage their private affairs in a manner consistent with the dignity of their profession.
- Seek to make professional growth continuous through study and research.
- Express free and frank opinion by participation at professional meetings, seminars, conferences etc., towards contribution of the knowledge.
- Maintain active membership of professional organizations and strive to improve education and profession through them
- Perform their duties in the form of teaching, tutorial, practical, seminar and research work conscientiously and with dedication
- Cooperate and assist in carrying out functions relating to the educational responsibilities of the college and the University such as assisting in appraising applications for admission, advising and counselling students as well as assisting the conduct of University and college examinations including supervision, invigilation and evaluation and
- Participate in extension, co curricular and extracurricular activities including community service.
- Discharge their professional responsibilities according to the existing rules and adhere to procedures and methods consistent with their profession in initiating steps through their own institutional bodies and / or professional organizations for change of any such rule detrimental to the professional interest
- Refrain from undertaking any other employment and commitment including private tuitions and coaching classes which are likely to interfere with their professional responsibilities
- Cooperate in the formulation of policies of the institution by accepting various offices and discharge responsibilities which such offices may demand
- Cooperate through their organizations in the formulation of policies of the other institutions and accept offices
- Cooperate with the authorities for the betterment of the institutions keeping in view the interest and in confirmation with the dignity of profession
- Should adhere to the conditions of contract
- Give and expect due notice before a change of position is made and
- Refrain from availing from themselves of leave except on unavoidable grounds and as far as practicable with prior intimation keeping in view their particular responsibility for completion of academic schedule.
- He/she should be sincere, dedicated and strive for the betterment of the student.