Department of History

History of department
Faculty and Profiles

History


The Department of History was established in 1952. The first member of the department was Sri. S.Venkataramaiah, who retired as the Principal of this institution. The other members of the Department are Sri.P.Venkateswara Rao who worked as N S S Programme officer and served in different capacities as a Journalist, reporter . Sri. E.Vidya Sagar. Sri.K.S.Kesava Rao , a Contract Bridge player ,who organized National Bridge tournaments in the memory of late Sri. N.Venkata Rao, the Founder Secretary of this college. Smt.M.RAmadevi. the only Doctorate in the department who was promoted as Reader. Sri G.Nageswara Sastry, previously worked as N S S Programme Officer and now acting as Co coordinator to Dr.B.R.Ambedkar open University Study Centre, V.S.R & N.V.R college, Tenali. All the members were actively involved in all the activities of the college.



INFRASTRUCTURE


The department is housed in a spacious room . It has a system with internet connectivity and printer The Department has its own Library with 80 books and three journals. Courses offered....Add on course in “Concepts in Tourism” In Paper IV (a)- “Ancient Civilizations”