The research policy of the college aims to create and support a research culture among its faculty, and students and develop it for enriching and enhancing the professional competence of the faculty members. The policy aims to develop and promote scientific temper and research aptitudes of all learners and for contributing to national development by their participation in research and related activities. To achieve the high quality research ambience the following policies have been undertaken. A Research Monitoring cell has been established that will prepare and implement the documents for development of research and its activities within the College.
Establishment of Research monitoring cell
The Research Monitoring Cell was established in 2016 comprising of the following members
1. Chairman: Principal of the college
2. Convenor: One of the Research guides
3. Members: Faculty with Doctorates
4. Ex-office member: Co-ordinator of IQAC
Scope of the Research Policy
The policy applies to all the researchers of the college who are active in teaching, research, administration and provision of any form of support to the core functions of the college; all mentors, guides, external experts and sponsors associated with any of the research activities of the college; all academic and administrative departments of the college and all students of the college.
Objectives of Research Policy
The Research Monitoring Cell of the college shall be responsible for implementing this research policy of the college by working closely with the college management. The objectives are as follows:
- To develop and enhance research environment within the institution
- To motivate all Faculties to pursue research in their respective areas of expertise
- To strengthen the institutional capacity for strategic, technical and operational planning, budgeting and control of all research activities of the college
- To increase and administer the seed money for supporting and facilitating research initiatives and projects of faculty members and students
- To encourage the departments to establish research labs with necessary facilities to carry out research projects.
- To develop rules, procedures and guidelines for granting research support instituting research awards, and create incentives for the faculty who receive state, national and international recognition for research contributions. Increasing incentives, granting study leave, duty leave, reduction in workload, etc. for faculty members undertaking research activities.
- To prepare and regularly update the research agenda of the college outlining the preferred focus areas and priorities of research activities to be supported
- To encourage and guide the faculty members to apply and take up minor/major research projects.
- To identify and inform researchers about the appropriate research opportunities announced by different academic, research, industry or government organisations.
- To facilitate the establishment of more research centres by funding agencies/ university
- To facilitate the establishment and development of specific research units like Central instrumentation centres for promoting interdisciplinary research.
- To develop and promote linkages including MOUs with the Research Council of the affiliated University, industry bodies and individual companies for widening the scope of research and creating opportunities for teachers and students of the college.
- To approach National and international organisations such as UGC, ICSSR, ICHR, ICPR, DST, DBT, UNESCO, UNICEF to fund major and minor research projects undertaken by the faculty / students.
- To encourage and facilitate the publication of the research work in reputed academic journals.
- To encourage and facilitate the presentation of the research work through academic events such as workshops/seminars/guest lecturers
- To create and maintain a database of research work and research projects undertaken by the faculty and students as well as collect data by metrics such as Citation Index, Impact Factor, h-index, SNIP, SJR, etc.
- To provide a mechanism for ensure that academic staff attain the desired mix of teaching, research and consultancy outputs so as to achieve the level stated in the College mission.
- To draw up and adopt a research code, which informs all researchers about the ethical and legal norms and principles to be followed in the conduct of research.
Terms of Office
Members of the Research Monitoring cell serve for a term of five years. An appointed member may be able to serve for additional terms as per the approval of the Academic Council of University.
The quorum for meetings of the Research Monitoring Cell shall be the nearest whole number above one third of the membership of the cell.
The Research Monitoring cell will meet at least once each semester.
The Chairman is responsible for determining if more meetings are required.
The cell will report to the Academic Council by way of its minutes.